Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hurricane Victims

Our God is powerful.

Today, my mind has been on the hurricane victims as well as my sinful nature. Let me explain. Deep down inside of me, I have a strong desire to "have" things. I like things - who doesn't. But as I see the devestation on the news and on the faces of the people affected by the hurricane, I often think about how most will have nothing to return to. The things we work for in our lifetime in a few hours of an AWESOME storm are gone. I must admit that my priorities are not as they always should be. I am so grateful that our God who began a good work in me is still carring it out on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Phil. 1:6). I am a work in progress.

I am confident that our God is in control. I am also thankful for the hurricane victims that they live in the U.S. - in while it did not seem so safe and structured (and it wasn't) aid, help, medical attention and so much was offered so quickly and continues to be offered. I think back to Haiti even last year with the hurricanes tearing through that small country and the horrible aftermath - we must be thankful for what we have.

I am thankful for my life, and my wife's life as I think about how a storm or anything can so quickly change our reality. Praise be to God because He is in control and no one can thwart his good, perfect and pleasing will.

God bless,
IN Jesus,
Scotty and Ester

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home